To start the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process in Australia, you will typically need to follow these steps:
- Choose the qualification you wish to obtain: You should choose the qualification you want to obtain through the RPL process. You can find a list of qualifications available for RPL on the website of the relevant Registered Training Organization (RTO) or educational institution.
- Contact the RTO or educational institution: Contact the RTO or educational institution offering the qualification you want to obtain and enquire about their RPL process. They will provide you with information about the qualification, the RPL process, and the evidence you will need to provide.
- Submit your application: Once you have decided to proceed with the RPL process, you will need to submit your application to the RTO or educational institution. They will provide you with the application form, which you will need to fill out and submit along with the required evidence.
- Evidence assessment: The RTO or educational institution will assess the evidence you provide to determine if it meets the required standards for the qualification. They may also conduct an interview or observation to further assess your skills and knowledge.
- Outcome and qualification: Once the RPL assessment is complete, the RTO or educational institution will inform you of the outcome. If successful, you will be awarded the qualification.
It is important to note that the RPL process can be complex and time-consuming. It is important to choose a reputable RTO or educational institution with experience in RPL assessments and to provide as much evidence as possible to support your skills and knowledge.