Candidates for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) in Australia are individuals who have previous learning, skills, and knowledge, which they have gained through formal, informal, or non-formal education, work experience, or other life experiences.
The RPL process is designed to provide individuals with the opportunity to have their prior learning and experience recognized and credited towards a formal qualification. Candidates for RPL may include:
- Experienced workers: Workers who have extensive work experience in a particular field, but who do not have a formal qualification.
- Migrants: Migrants who have qualifications and skills gained overseas but require recognition of their skills to work in Australia.
- Career changers: Individuals who have worked in a different field but have developed skills and knowledge relevant to a new career path.
- Self-employed individuals: Self-employed individuals who have developed skills and knowledge through running their own businesses.
- Volunteers: Individuals who have gained skills and knowledge through volunteering, community work, or other non-formal learning experiences.